While you want to hire a car accident lawyer as soon after an accident as possible, you don’t want to hire just any law firm. Some firms are nothing more than what the industry calls settlement mills. They’re designed to take your case and reach a settlement as soon as possible. This quick and easy approach is fine for some, but each car accident is unique and you don’t want to hedge your bet on a quick settlement. Reach out for a firm like Carabin Shaw. Our car accident lawyers live in the Texas communities like you do, and we won’t get paid unless you do. So we’ll work diligently to get you the settlement you deserve without taking shortcuts.
Car Accident Lawyer Near Me In Texas
The car accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw are each uniquely qualified and experienced with handling any type of insurance claim or lawsuit resulting from a car accident. We are local car accident lawyers who live where you do, in the Texas areas. We have the knowledge and know-how to navigate the tricky and confusing systems put in place to deny and delay. We’ll crack through this system and get you the money you deserve as quickly as possible. We have the respect of the community and know how to litigate when necessary. You can trust us, because we won’t see a penny until you do.
Free Consultation With A Car Accident Lawyer — (210) 202-4027
The insurance companies have a team of lawyers working for them, make sure you have a tough, smart car accident lawyer working for you. Call on the local car accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw, the San Antonio and Laredo, Texas area’s best. Call us for a free consultation today at (210) 202-4027.
When to Use a Car Accident Lawyer
There are some steps a car accident victim in Texas can take before calling a car accident lawyer (this applies for minor accidents that don’t require medical attention for occupants of the vehicle). Sometimes, it is possible to take measures that will ensure you win the case.
Remember that without adequate evidence, a lot of accident lawyers in Texas will avoid your case considering that they know it won’t stand a day in court.
Things like getting the authorities involved, getting witness reports and restraining from anger are some methods that can win you the compensation.
Get Relevant Information
First, if possible, get a witness report. If possible ask a passer-by or, who witnessed the accident if they would be willing to collaborate with your statement. These witness reports strengthen any case. Police reports generally contain statements from one or two witnesses.
Witnesses in Texas generally have the best view of the accident, and they can help establish who is liable. It would go a long way if you asked another one or two witnesses for their contact details where your lawyer can call them. Normally, by the time you turn to calling a lawyer, the chance to get the witness statements will already be gone.
To Call or Not To Call a Lawyer
The next step would be to ascertain whether you really need a lawyer. A lot of car accident lawyers charge a contingency fee, indicating they get a 3rd of the granted amount. If the accident was very small and the at-fault driver is compliant, there may be no need to call a lawyer.
In some cases it makes sense to claim the compensation without representation. Nevertheless, it’s also a typical practice for insurance companies to undervalue your claim if you appear unrepresented. The decision lies with you. If the two-thirds you get after paying your lawyer is too little to cover the damages, then you can opt to go unrepresented if you know how the insurance system works.
If you opt for employing a lawyer, you then will have to order the police report. Your car accident lawyer will want to review it as soon as possible.
Get the Estimates
As soon as you have the police report about the accident, you will need to send your evidence to the car accident lawyer. If you took images of the damage and injuries sustained, you will utilize these as evidence of the seriousness of the accident. You should also get estimates of the repairs needed for your car.
If the insurer recommends an auto repair shop that you feel performs shoddy work, let them know that you prefer another repair shop completely. While they might firmly insist because they have a working arrangement with that specific shop, you aren’t required to comply.
Get Medical Attention
Make sure that you get medical attention, and if there are any injuries (even invincible ones), they will be treated and documented. Sometimes, when you act tough and disregard your injuries, they might flare up in the near future, costing you a lot more cash than you wished to save. By this time it will be too late to file for compensation for personal injuries.
- Atascosa County Car Accident Lawyer
- Bandera County Car Accident Lawyer
- Bastrop County Car Accident Lawyer
- Bee County Car Accident Lawyer
- Bexar County Car Accident Lawyer
- Blanco County Car Accident Lawyer
- Burnet County Car Accident Lawyer
- Caldwell County Car Accident Lawyer
- Comal County Car Accident Lawyer
- De Witt County Car Accident Lawyer
- Dimmit County Car Accident Lawyer
- Edwards County Car Accident Lawyer
- Fayette County Car Accident Lawyer
- Frio County Car Accident Lawyer
- Gillespie County Car Accident Lawyer
- Goliad County Car Accident Lawyer
- Gonzales County Car Accident Lawyer
- Guadalupe County Car Accident Lawyer
- Hays County Car Accident Lawyer
- Karnes County Car Accident Lawyer
- Kendall County Car Accident Lawyer
- Kerr County Car Accident Lawyer
- Kimble County Car Accident Lawyer
- La Salle County Car Accident Lawyer
- Lavaca County Car Accident Lawyer
- Live Oak County Car Accident Lawyer
- Llano County Car Accident Lawyer
- Mason County Car Accident Lawyer
- Mcmullen County Car Accident Lawyer
- Medina County Car Accident Lawyer
- Real County Car Accident Lawyer
- Travis County Car Accident Lawyer
- Uvalde County Car Accident Lawyer
- Victoria County Car Accident Lawyer
- Williamson County Car Accident Lawyer
- Wilson County Car Accident Lawyer
- Zavala County Car Accident Lawyer